There are three ways on how to change your display name in a Zoom Meeting.
A) Profile Page
- Go to https://zoom.us and sign in.
- Click on Profile.
- Click Edit.
- First type in your First Name and Last Name.
- Click Save Changes.
- Then you will see your Display Name change accordingly.
- This will not be applicable if you have joined a previous Zoom session and have joined a Zoom meeting previously and have selected the “Remember my name for future meetings” option.
- But you should still change the display name on Profile page. When you join Zoom on a new device and you signed in, it will retrieve the display name from here.
B) Change on the fly, during a Zoom Meeting
- Click on Participants button.
- In the Participant Panel on the right, look for your name (it’s at the top).
- Click on “More” button beside your name, and select Rename.
- Type in your preferred display name.
- Since April 7, 2020, Zoom has introduced a new Security feature that host can disable participants from renaming themselves.
C) Change it in your Zoom Client or App
- Your device Zoom client or app could have stored your name to be used for all future meetings.
- Launch Zoom Client/App.
- Click Join.
- Type in Your Name: (Change this to preferred name)
- Check the box “Remember my name for future meetings”.